Friday, July 17, 2009

Tour de France Live Tracking Map - Updated

Versus Tour de France Live Tracker

I would have reviewed this Tour de France live tracking map earlier but whenever I try to view the page all I get is an apology telling me that it is unavailable in my region. However I have now managed to get a screenshot of the map in action.

The screenshot seems to show live action from the race (which is presumably why the map is not available in the UK). I'm not sure why Versus can't show me the live tracking Google Map and the elevation chart, but if you live in the US you should check it out. I bet it's really good, sigh.

Ubilabs Tour De France Live Tracker

Ubilabs have provided live tracking maps of the race leaders in the Tour de France for the last few years and they are back again this year with an improved map. This year, as well as showing positions of the race leaders, the Google Map displays real time tweets about the race.

It is possible to view the routes for any of the race's stages from a drop down menu. Each stage route contains map markers showing start and finish lines and the mountain and sprint stages.

Bikemap.net
This Google Maps mashup has route maps for all the stages in the Tour de France. The map includes a 'full-screen' button, which can be used to enlarge the map.

The individual maps for each stage are accompanied with an altitude graph, which can show the altitude at any point on the stage route. The map also comes with an 'embed this map' option, so it is possible to feature the map on your own website or blog.

Accompanying each stage map are details about the length, the surface, the inclination and the vertical climb of the stage. The maps also come with a 'more' button. Clicking on this allows the map user to view Wikipedia articles, Panoramio photos and weather along the route.

Via: Mapperz

________________

1 comment:

Edos said...

Thanks for your articles, but how can i feature the map on my blog ?