Crunchvictims.com is a website that has been dedicated to tracking the credit crunch and the affects of the economic downturn since it started. To help give visitors a geographical overview the site has created a map that shows the location of companies that have been making redundancies.
The site actually has two maps. VicMap, which is being updated manually as new job losses are announced, and a Test Map, which is using the Wordpress-GEO-Mashup. The Wordpress-Geo-Mashuptakes automatically maps posts on the Crunchvictims.com blog and displays the post in the marker information windows.
Previously on Google Maps Mania
- Lay-off Maps -Selected lay-off news mapped.
- USAToday Foreclosures Map -The public records of foreclosures shown on Google Maps highlighting the impact the foreclosures are having on the Green Valley Ranch neighbourhood in Denver.
- Layoff Tracker 2009 - Mibazaar created this Layoff Tracker to show the effect of the downturn on US jobs.
- Mapified World Stock Indices - A Google Map showing world stock indices. The bar width shows the market capitalization.
- Unemployed in America - The latest Twitter messages that mention unemployment in the USA.