Friday, October 24, 2008

My Maps Australia Awards 2008

Google have today launched the My Maps Australia Awards for 2008.

The ten winners will receive "Best My Maps Awards" and one of these will win the grand prize of a 13" 2.1 GHz Macbook. The My Maps will be judged on three criteria of creativity, originality and ease of use.

Entries close November 28. To enter you must be an Australian resident and over 18.

In order to show you what you can create with My Maps Google have asked a few Australian celebrities to create their own:

Favourite surf beaches in Australia: Mick Fanning, 2007 ASP World Title holder
Famous gardens in Sydney: Jamie Durie, Horticulturalist, landscape designer, TV Host
Best coffee in Melbourne: David Makin, Australian Barista of the Year
Famous grave sites: Helen Harris OAM, Professional historian



Via: Official Google Australia Blog: My Maps Australia Awards 2008 &
Mapperz

_____________

1 comment:

Virender Ajmani said...

Bummer!! Its only for legal residents of Australia. That 13" 2.1 GHz Macbook is too tempting :)